Dr. Daven Spires Jr. joined North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in 2009. He grew up in a family of doctors, and out of a desire to help mend what is broken, he now helps mend people suffering from a variety of orthopaedic injuries and conditions. Dr. Spires Jr. offers a number of nonsurgical care methods, including platelet-rich plasma, XIAFLEX®, and viscosupplementation injections, and he makes every effort to treat patients as conservatively and effectively as possible. Dr. Spires Jr. also works with his patients to effect lifestyle changes to promote health, which can alleviate a variety of common issues. If surgery is required, his surgical expertise includes the latest in minimally invasive procedures, including robotic hip and knee surgery as well as Oxford® unicompartmental knee replacements.
A graduate of Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, Dr. Spires Jr. earned his medical degree at The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, Texas. After medical school, he completed an orthopaedic internship and residency in the Greenville Health System in Greenville, South Carolina.
Dr. Spires Jr. works to be able to see his patients happy and satisfied with an optimal outcome. He also ensures the safety of athletes at Geneva Academy and the University of Louisiana Monroe as well as participants in local mixed martial arts tournaments. When he isn’t mending patients or covering local athletes, Dr. Spires Jr. spends his time with his family, serving his church, playing music, staying active, and watching Louisiana State University football.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Internship: Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Greenville Health System, Greenville, SC
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- Ouachita Medical Society
- Geneva Academy
- University of Louisiana Monroe
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Advanced Surgery Center of Northern Louisiana
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center
- Glenwood Surgery Center
- Monroe Surgical Hospital
- P&S Surgical Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center