Hand & Upper Extremity
Dr. Martin deGravelle is the only fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon in the region and northeast Louisiana’s only provider with subspecialty certification in surgery of the hand. Understanding how crucial the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder are to daily living, Dr. deGravelle chose to specialize in upper extremity care to be able to restore that fundamental function and quality of life for patients who’ve suffered from pain and limitation. He offers the most advanced surgical treatments for the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder, including shoulder replacement and revision procedures, along with nonsurgical treatments such as XIAFLEX® injections for Dupuytren’s disease.
Originally from New Iberia, Louisiana, Dr. deGravelle completed his undergraduate studies in Baton Rouge at Louisiana State University. He also earned a master’s degree in biology at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, before attending medical school at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport. After completing an internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in New Orleans, Dr. deGravelle underwent fellowship training in hand and upper extremity surgery at Allegheny Hand Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He joined North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in 2012.
Dr. deGravelle believes caring for patients begins with a good, solid relationship built on trust and communication. He treats his patients as he would members of his own family, and when he isn’t seeing patients, he is spending time with his family. Dr. deGravelle also enjoys hunting, fishing, and training dogs as hunting retrievers.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology: Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Master of Science in Biology: Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport, LA
- Internship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA
- Hand and Upper Extremity Fellowship: Allegheny Hand Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association for Hand Surgery
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association, Board of Directors
- University of Louisiana Monroe
Hospital/Surgery Center Affiliations
- Advanced Surgery Center of Northern Louisiana
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center
- Glenwood Surgery Center
- P&S Surgical Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center