Dr. Stanley Crawford is the only fellowship-trained orthopedic spine surgeon in the region. Dr. Crawford was born and raised in Ruston, Louisiana. He attended Louisiana Tech University and went on to graduate Cum Laude from the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Dr. Crawford completed his orthopedic surgery residency at Michigan State University affiliate, McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital, where he was chosen as the Chief Resident. He has also completed a spine surgery fellowship at Sonoran Spine Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
Dr. Crawford has received extensive training in the areas of degenerative spine conditions, complex adult and pediatric spine deformity, revision spine surgery, and minimally invasive spine surgery. Dr. Crawford understands the significant impact that back pain and spinal cord injury can have on a patient and the loved ones around them. Through shared decision-making, he strives to provide each patient with a comprehensive and tailored treatment plan so they may achieve a more active lifestyle. Dr. Crawford enjoys spending time with his wife, Paige, and their 3 boys, Ayres, Kai, and Beckett. His hobbies include running, cycling, golf, hunting, and fishing.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology: University of Louisiana at Monroe, Monroe, LA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Internship: McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital, Lansing, MI
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: McLaren Greater Lansing Hospital, Lansing, MI
- Spine Surgery Fellowship: Sonoran Spine Center, Phoenix, AZ
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Academy Orthopedic Surgeons