As the most experienced total joint surgeon in the region, Dr. Sidney Bailey offers joint replacement and revision of the hip and knee, including minimally invasive hip replacement and minimally invasive knee replacement using computer-assisted and custom implant technology. He joined North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in 1980, the same practice he received surgery from after an injury in college football, and the same practice his cousin, Dr. Myron Bailey, served at for over 45 years.
A native Louisianan, Dr. Bailey was raised in the farming town of Tallulah. His undergraduate work was completed at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston. After receiving his medical degree at Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, Dr. Bailey completed his internship at Charity Hospital and his orthopaedic surgery residency at Tulane University.
Dr. Bailey actively listens, communicates, and works to do what is right for his patients. He always seeks to decrease his patients’ pain and improve function and fulfillment in their lives. His enjoyment in life, outside of orthopaedics, comes from his family. Dr. Bailey also enjoys cooking and traditional archery.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s Degree: Louisiana Tech University, Ruston, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- Internship: New Orleans Charity Hospital, New Orleans, LA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Tulane University, New Orleans, LA
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Ouachita Medical Society
- P&S Surgical Hospital
- St. Francis Medical Center