Dr. James Finley is an orthopaedic surgeon who joined the team of experts at North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in 2015. Dr. Finley specializes in the latest treatments for the ankle, back, elbow, foot, hand, hip, knee, neck, shoulder, spine, and wrist. His surgical expertise includes joint replacement and revision, knee arthroscopy, and general bone, joint, and muscle procedures.
A Minnesota native, Dr. Finley has spent most of his life in the South, having received his undergraduate and medical education and training in Louisiana and Mississippi. He’s also lived, practiced, and taught orthopaedics in Alabama and Georgia. He attended the University of Louisiana Monroe for his undergraduate studies and Louisiana State University School of Medicine in Shreveport for medical school. He then completed an internship at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport and an orthopaedic surgery residency at The University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi.
Dedicated to working with his patients to build trust and achieve the best possible outcomes, Dr. Finley enjoys seeing his patients get back the activities they love most. Some of his own favorite activities include hunting, fishing, gardening, and generally being outdoors.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts: University of Louisiana, Monroe, LA
- Doctor of Medicine: Louisiana State University School of Medicine, Shreveport, LA
- Internship: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- St. Francis Medical Center