Foot & Ankle
Dr. Grant Dona is a fellowship-trained foot and ankle specialist treating patients with foot and ankle injuries and conditions, including fractures and orthopaedic trauma. Admiring what his father did as a doctor, Dr. Dona went into medicine and later focused on foot and ankle care out of the desire to have up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of a specific area of orthopaedic surgery to provide patients with the most specialized care. He joined North Louisiana Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Clinic in 1994.
After receiving his first bachelor’s degree from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana, Dr. Dona received a second bachelor’s degree from the University of Washington in Seattle, Washington, where he went on to earn his medical doctorate at the university’s school of medicine. Dr. Dona’s postgraduate medical training includes the completion of an orthopaedic surgery residency program at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in addition to a foot and ankle fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
When optimal outcomes are achieved and patients are clearly better and back to doing what they love, all of Dr. Dona’s goals as a provider are reached. His goals outside of orthopaedics include staying active, and he enjoys cycling in his spare time.
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics: DePauw University, Greencastle, IN
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry: University of Washington, Seattle, WA
- Doctor of Medicine: University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Louisiana Orthopaedic Association